GOLD PAN FEVER - GOLD PROSPECTING LOCATIONS!
- Crater of Diamonds State Park (Fee) - The largest diamond ever found in North America was found here. Maybe you can find one larger yet!
- Sweet Surrender Crystal Mine (Fee) - Dig your own quartz crystal in an operational crystal mine in the beautiful Ouachita Mountains.
- Auburn State Recreation Area - Search for gold on two forks of the American River.
- Columbia State Historic Park (Fee) - Various fee panning opportunities.
- Keyesville Recreational Mining Area - Pan, sluice, dredge and dry wash for gold.
- Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park - Gold panning along Humbug Creek.
- Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park - Gold panning along the American River.
- South Yuba River & Merced River - Now closed to dredging but open to panning, sluicing, etc.
- South Yuba River State Park Project - "Hands and pans" only.
California Gold Region (1) - You will see gold mines and prospects in the mountains, valleys, dry washes and deserts. California Gold Region (1) Map shows 405 gold mines and prospecting sites adjacent to Arizona & Nevada and from Mexico to Death Valley. Yuma, the Colorado River shown below, Picacho, Pot Holes, Glamis, Brawley, Salton Sea, Blythe and Needles are shown. There are gold mining and prospecting sites in Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino, & Kern counties. This famous California gold mining region is of great interest to gold prospectors and treasure hunters having metal detectors.
California Gold Region (2) - Three hundred forty (340) gold mines and prospecting and panning sites are in California Gold Region (2). San Diego, Escondido, Santa Ana, Riverside, Palm Springs shown here in the picture, Indio, Julian, Banner, Dulzura, Jacumba, and El Centro are shown. There are gold mines and prospecting and panning sites in the mountains, streams and national forests. Excellent camping, fishing, hiking and recreational vehicle facilities will be found in California Gold Region (2) Map
California Gold Region (3) - Five hundred thirteen (513) gold mines and prospecting and panning locations are in California Gold Region (3). Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino, Big Bear Lake, Lancaster, Palmdale, Barstow, Victorville, and Twenty-Nine Palms are shown, There are gold mines and prospecting and panning sites in the San Gabriel, Tehachapi & San Bernardino Mountains and in the Angeles & San Bernardino National Forests. The Frazier Mountain and Piru Creek shown here to the left.
There is good gold prospecting, gold panning, treasure hunting, rock hounding and metal detecting throughout California Gold Region (3) Map There are many gold mines and prospects near Los Angeles and San Bernardino.
California Gold Region (4) - California Gold Region (4) map shows seven hundred seventy (770) gold mines and prospecting and panning sites. Many well-known gold mining towns, such as Randsburg, Johannesburg and Trona are in this region. You will also see Mojave, China Lake, Bakersfield, Porterville Fresno, Fort Irwin, the Sierra, Sequoia, & Inyo National Forests, the Kings, Kern river shown here, also Owens rivers and the Slate, El Paso & Inyo Mountains.
Treasure hunters with metal detectors like to "gold nugget shoot" in this famous gold prospecting and mining region and prospectors like to pan for gold in the streams.
California Gold Region (5) - Three thousand (3,000) gold mines and prospecting and panning locations are shown on this California Mother Lode Gold Map. California Gold Region (5) extends northward from about 40 miles south of Yosemite National Park to Quincy and Paradise and eastward from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe. The cities of Jamestown, Columbia, Grass Valley, Downieville, Merced, Mariposa and Marysville are in this region, as are eight national forests. The "Ancient (Tertiary) Rivers of Gold" are shown, plus the American, Calaveras,Cosumnes,Feather, Merced, Mokelumne, Sacramento, Stanislaus, Tuolumne and Yuba gold-bearing river shown here!
California Gold Region (5) Map is a world-class gold prospecting and gold panning region. You will enjoy visiting the old gold mining ghost towns and viewing the gold mining artifacts on display. Gold panning is done throughout the area. The California State Mining and Mineral Museum at Mariposa, near Yosemite National Park, has excellent exhibits of California gold nuggets and other specimens from California gold mines.
California Gold Region (6) - The California gold mines and prospecting and panning locations in California Gold Region (6) extend from the north edge of adjoining California Gold Region (5) (latitude 40 Deg. N) to the Oregon state line. Superb scenery. The Klamath, Trinity & Smith rivers and fifteen-hundred-eighty (1,580) gold mines and prospecting and panning locations are shown, as well as the towns of Redding, Shasta, Susanville, Whiskeytown, French Gulch shown here, Weed, Alturas, Orleans, Happy Camp and Crescent City.
Gold mining production in California Gold Region (6) was second only to the California Mother Lode. There are many gold prospecting, gold panning and gold mining locations here. Gold deposits are shown on the Pacific coast beaches near Crescent City in California Gold Region (6) Map
- Arkansas River Corridor - Panning, sluicing, and dredging for gold.
- Phoenix Gold Mine (Fee) - Pan for gold at Trail Creek near Idaho Springs.
- Allatoona Lake - Pans and shovels only.
- Emerald Creek Garnet Area (Fee) - Look for rare star garnets, found in only two places on earth.
- Gold in Indiana - General rules.
- Gold in Minnesota - General information.
- Gold Panning at the Alta Ranch (Fee) - Pan for gold below old mining camp.
- Libby Creek Recreational Gold Panning Area - Pan gold at old hydraulic gold mine.
- Gold in New Hampshire - Information and locations.
- Access Private Property - Advice and permits.
- Carolina Emerald Mine & Vein Mountain Gold Camp (Fee) - Look for gold and emeralds.
- Mountain Creek Gold Mine (Fee) - Gold nuggets up to 1/2 ounce have been found here.
- Sheffield Mine (Fee) - Look for rubies and sapphires!
- Baker Ranger District - Gold panning.
- Cow Creek Recreational Gold Panning Area - Gold panning.
- Edson Creek & Sixes River - Gold panning and sluicing (pdf).
- Hobo Camp Campground - Gold panning.
- Lund Park Campground - Gold panning on Brice Creek.
- Medford District BLM - Gold panning and suction dredging in the Medford area (pdf).
- Quartzville Recreational Mining Corridor - Gold panning mining near Salem (pdf).
- Rouge River - "Hands and pans" only gold panning along the Rouge River.
- Sharp’s Creek Recreation Area - Panning, dredging, and more (pdf).
- Gold in South Carolina - Panning mentioned here.
- American Fork Canyon - Gold panning.
- Gold in Vermont - Information and locations.
- Gold in Washington - Information and locations.
- Gold in Wisconsin - Rules and tips.